Eija Timonen has written research articles and presented conference papers on ice, too.
Here are some of them:
- Towards the Tops (Huippuja kohti) by Eija Timonen
- Images of Ice by Eija Timonen (upcoming)
- The Material Dimensions in Photographing Process by Eija Timonen (upcoming)
- Photographing Ice. Narrating the Marginal seminar, Experimental Knowledge and Empowerment in Artistic Research, Rovaniemi, University of Lapland.
- Ice as an Object of Cultural Interpretations and Source for Product Design. Design Thinking Research seminar in Mechanical Engineering (Design Group) at the Center for Design Research, Standford University.
- Abstract Materiality (in Finnish). Mari Mäkiranta & Eija Timonen. Ruukku 3, Journal of Artistic Research.
- Material Dialogue: Ice Captured on Photos and Textiles. Eija Timonen & Heidi Pietarinen. 2nd International Conference | Local and Global Arctic. In the Spirit of Rovaniemi Process 24–26.11.2015, Rovaniemi, Finland.
- Perception of Ice and its Mythological Interpretations. The North as a Meaning in Design and Art. Korundi 30.–31.10.2015, Rovaniemi, Finland.
- Material thinking as the basis for the art-making processes in Possible Worlds (short film 2013) and the Light of Ice (video installation 2013). Eija Timonen & Mari Mäkiranta in Asian Art and Humanities Conference, Osaka, April 2015.
- Creating Meanings of Ice by Photos and Textiles. Eija Timonen & Heidi Pietarinen in Asian Art and Humanities Conference, Osaka, April 2015. Also Conference proceedings (ref.) ISSN: 2186-229X, pp. 121-132.
- Photographing Ice and its Mythological Interpretations. The Environmental Seminar by Kalevala Society. Presented also in Arctic Design Week 2015, Rovaniemi, Finland
- Ice as a material for art making and for mythological interpretations. Environmental Mythologies, ed. by Seppo Knuuttila and Ulla Piela. The Yearbook of Kalevala Society. Helsinki.
See also Wikipedia article about Eija (in Finnish)